Tuesday, January 10, 2012

WAIT ON THE LORD

I got a Mandisa CD for Christmas.  I have listened to it at least twice everyday.  I love every single song and I ALMOST know every word of every song.  Then the other day I took the CD in my car and sang all the way through the cd...at the top of my lungs and close to on pitch! (Mandisa sings a LOT higher than I do!)
Anyway the cd popped out and I pushed it back in to start over.  The cd didn't go in so I pushed a little harder.  It started to go in and I gave a little shove to help. 

BAD IDEA...I now have my favorite cd stuck in the player and I can't listen to anything in the player.  All you hear when you turn on the sound system is MY CD trying to come out! 

Then today I read ...


Isa 30:18

So what could that mean?  Then it hit me.  It's just like my CD.  When we don't trust God and wait for Him we will "shove" ahead and live "Stuck".  You cannot run ahead of God.  It's just like shoving a cd in the player.  You just make noise and try to play, but you won't make any progress. 

What is keeping you from waiting on the Lord?  Is it worth it to push ahead without the LORD?  I can promise...from experience, it is NOT.  In fact some of my greatest lessons have been learned while I was waiting for God. 
Psa 37:7
Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for Him to act So the LORD must wait for you to come to Him so He can show you His love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for His help.

Hey while your waiting can you tell me how to get my cd out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment