Wednesday, January 4, 2012

AWWW I am the "Older" Women!

I have been in full time ministry for 26 years.  Most days I really enjoy what I do...BUT there are a few days when I wish I had a "REAL" job.  Any of you ever been there? 
I have read some books on being a Pastor's wife, but can't find a ton out there.  I was recently looking for an "older" woman to show me the way.  You know, Titus 2:3-4, Older women teach the younger?  When it hit me...I AM THE OLDER WOMEN!!! 
Needless to say it was a sad depressing day.  I ate extra chocolate, exercised, and took a trip to walmart for new anti-aging cream!  Then I heard God say, "Be an Example".  " Teach those younger some of the things you learned the hard way, because no one taught you. "
So my blog will be lessons I have learned and still learning.  I am hoping to encourage and challange anyone who reads, but I am a firm believer that you are NEVER to old to learn.  I would love to hear what God has taught or is teaching other's in ministry and what resouces have truly helped you.
Thanks for reading.
Shelley

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to larding from your blogs and life lessons Shelley! And for the record, you do not need anti-wrinkle cream or whatever it is that you went looking for at Walmart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Shelly! One of the reasons, I enjoy young people so much! Looking forward reading.....

    ReplyDelete